Children’s bodies are more fragile compared to adults so parents tend to worry more when their children fall sick. Moreover, children are at a crucial developmental stage of their lives so it is very important to ensure that they grow healthily. Here are some DIY essential oil blends to help parents nurture their children.
This blend is good treatment for a cough as it helps with infections in the upper respiratory tract. It is also an immune system booster and uplifts the child’s mood.
- 12 drops of geranium essential oil
- 3 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops of grapefruit essential oil
For children with ADHD or if you just want your child to calm down, this oil blend is for you. It reduces anxiety and has a calming effect. It also helps stimulate blood circulation.
- 3 drops of vetiver essential oil
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of mandarin essential oil
This oil blend will improve your child’s learning abilities. It increases concentration, relieves stress and lessens mental fatigue.
- 12 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
Directions for all 3 blends:
- Add 30-40 drops of essential oil blend to diffuser and disperse in your child’s room
These essential oil blends are your solution to common problems with your child such as a bad cough or when they are too active and does not want to sleep. It also improves cognitive function of your children which will help them excel in their studies. However, do check with your family doctor if your child has any allergies before using the essential oils.
Related Articles: Essential Oil Tips for Parenthood Part 1